28 March, 2006

I'm sure you've all heard the chatup line where a boy approaches a girl and says 'You must be really tired', to which she replies 'Why?' and then he comes out with the punchline: 'cos you've been running through my mind all day' (apologies if the wording is incorrect, I can't remeber it exactly!).
Well, I've come up with a response to that for all you girls out there: 'Well, no, not really, its quite a small distance you see.' Implication: your brain is small. etc. etc. Somehow it doesn't sound as funny as when I first came up with it!

Anyway, wouldn't you prefer something like the poem below? I know I would! And now if it's a male reading this he will immediately print this out and give it to the one he loves. No! Don't do that either! It's so much better when you compose your own poems, from the heart rather than stealing someone else's. When will they learn! Great, I sound like some worn out agony aunt which was not my intention, just wanted to share this poem with you all so here it is, (in red. what a cliche!)

He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven
By W. B. Yeats

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the clothes under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that poem. And your witty comments...acidic witticism...so fantastic!

N-onymous said...

acidic witticism...right...il try neutralising it!